Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Picture that Captures Georgia

I think that the picture that captures Georgia the best is the one of her skipping down the lane in Nauvoo. She's smiling, swinging her scriptures, waving a white handkerchief, wearing her best color (sky blue), and looks like she is happy and at peace. I love this picture. I smile every time I see it. It makes me remember how much she loved to be alive, loved to connect with her family, friends, and strangers, and was always looking for the good in the world. She brought a light to every room she walked into and I was always assured that I would be given a big, lingering hug, a "lean", or a flop. She was my dear little sister and is my dear angel sister. I love you George!

1 comment:

David and Neill said...

Yes, Caroline, I agree--this photo is pure Georgia. And how symbolic of her. She is on the path, she is ahead of the others who are also on the path. Her white handkerchief brings to mind the waving white handkerchiefs when a temple is dedicated and saying 'good-by' to President Hinckley when he departed. Her beloved scriptures, ever with her, are swinging along in happy Georgia style. And finally her lovely face, so natural, so real, so bright. Oh, I do miss her.---Mom.