Saturday, November 15, 2008

Georgia's Testimony

"It’s true, it’s true, and no one can tell me otherwise because I feel the truth inside of me growing and defying any doubts on my heart that would tell it that it doesn’t have worth or hold the truth. I shake it off – the lies and judgments of man and Satan – and hold triumphantly the torch of Christ! I want that faith always and I want that hope always. I want to be that light. Christ makes it possible for me because He’s been showing me little by little that I am of worth. He is the definition of what I am truly inside and want to become. As I see that, I forget my worries and realize that I am founded on Him, and I have no fear because He is with me! Because Jesus Christ is with me, I forget myself because I know I am okay and I am secure on His rock, and then I can focus on others, on the gospel, on exerting myself to good, and building on Him. Then I progress, then I feel joy! Life holds no chains for me because I am liberated by that inherent Light given to me before the world. I know the Light is there because of Christ’s atonement – He gave all to serve us and to let us be like Him. Let us have joy! Oh, don’t you see, can’t everyone see that He is our God and Savior? He is the Christ and those words are finally becoming real and moving to me. I love Joseph Smith. I know how true Joseph’s vision was and I think what a wonder the restoration is. At church we sang the last verse of the hymn, “Joseph Smith’s First Prayer”. It begins, quoting Heavenly Father, “Joseph, this is my Beloved, hear him!” Oh it was powerful and the Spirit and the tears flowed. I realized the power and reality of this gospel while we sang and I was humbled by the thought that this feeling is for all people – from Christ."
-- Journal entry, September 16, 2002

2 comments:

David and Neill said...

This testimony, written just 9 days before Georgia died, came from a long final entry in her 2002 journal. It was as though she wanted to have a definitive statement of her faith available to those she would leave behind. Her eight journals are filled with her thoughts about the meaning of life and her faith in Jesus Christ and her desire that all would accept the light, joy, and comfort of His message in the scriptures and in His restored gospel.

Erin said...

I recently came across my Book of Mormon with Georgia's testimony in it. It is so powerful and I was struck with how many lives she touched. Thank you for this beautiful blog and the wonderful pictures and memories.