Saturday, November 15, 2008

Journal Entry One from 2001

Here are two separate entries - both beautiful - from Georgia's journal. I will continue to post journal entries and just title them one, two, and so on. I apologize that they are not in a consecutive order. Please remember the sacred nature of her words and show deference in their usage.

"I believe that in sharing the gospel we are not sharing it with people that are so different, really. If I think of them as part of me--my family--and they simply need nudging and reminding, then it seems to click. It doesn't feel strange; it's like their souls are sleeping inside and all I need to do is tap them awake and they will open their eyes to what was dormant in their souls. It seems that the gospel is already in them--they knew it before this life, so the spirit can remind them...it is familiar. This makes missionary work seem so much more easy, natural. It is simply my job to be the 'tapper-on-the-shoulder."
"As I read the first three chapters of Ether, I love to see how Jesus Christ is over all. There are wonderful things said in these chapters and yet it also says that if we continue in sin we will be cut off. That is why I must be a better witness. And I can. As the Lord commands the winds and waves on the ocean, so does he give us our trials and delivers us from them... Jared's brother seeing Christ is powerful...I love to see such great faith and the reality that I will see Christ one day! I am hoping for the promptness of that day."

1 comment:

flower diva said...

What an amazing testimony she had!! I dont know anyone who had such an amazing close relationship with Heavenly Father, and was willing to share it with whomever would listen. She is such an amazing person and my guardian angel!!!