Sunday, September 20, 2009

New Music Player

As the week of September 25 arrives, I decided it was high time I get the music posted. I apologize for the delay in this. It took some work to get it up, but that is not a great excuse. So, if you scroll down a little you'll find a music player where you can listen to the memorial concert at IU that was put on by Georgia's friends. You'll also hear her playing Bach in her junior recital, Alan de Veritch (my viola professor at IU) and me playing a Handel duet at the Indiana funeral (the duet Georgia and I used to play all the time), and last, but not least, Georgia singing Pie Jesu with her missionary companion in Nauvoo. The recording is very poor because it was done on a tiny hand-held recorder, but I get teary every time I listen to her voice.

Music was and I believe is still a part of Georgia's life, so I am thrilled to add this to the blog. I hope you enjoy the recordings and that it will bring back some good memories as it did for me.

Here's to your beautiful music, Georgia.

2 comments:

Brit said...

Thanks for the music Kate. It's when I hear her music, her voice especially, that I am reminded that she is still with me in a small way, that we are still connected.

Erin said...

Thank you for posting the lovely music Kate. Her voice is so pure and beautiful. Georgia's journal entries are so inspiring and I am so grateful to be reminded of her and uplifted today. The Mozart concerto is so pretty. Is it Megan Stout playing maybe?