Monday, September 21, 2009

Georgia and Bach G Minor

I just listened to Georgia's Bach G Minor--thanks for putting that up, Kate. What a unique experience to hear that piece, just as I heard it in Recital Hall years ago. I think I was experiencing it both past and present at the same time somehow, and it made me think of how music transcends time, from Bach, to Georgia, to me then, to me now. I was impressed by Georgia's talent when I heard it the first time, but even more by the hidden depth of her artistry and personality. There's something transcendent about her performance of the work, music that goes beyond the bounds of her physical maturity. There was a greatness to her soul that I hadn't discovered until I heard her play this. I bet she and Bach are good friends by now.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Dan, I am sorry it took me so long to get the Bach on there, but I loved what you said about it and your special experience with it. I am sure if she played your pieces she'd love them as much.