Friday, September 14, 2012


I am putting my best foot forward and combing all of my technical power to spread the word about the balloon release for Georgia.  The only problem is that I'm just not very active on Facebook, I don't know how to Tweet, and I don't have many IU emails.  (Yeah, motherhood is super social for me.)  However, I think all of YOU do, so I'm posting the information about September 25th here, on my Facebook page, and via email so that anyone who got left out will hopefully hear about the "big" event.  Here are the details for those living in or visiting Utah.  Her grave is on the far east side of the cemetery:

Tuesday, September 25, 20127:00 pm MDT Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park 3401 Highland Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84106Bring: white, helium balloon and instruments for those interested.


For all others, Haleigh Vance has graciously offered to post, here on the blog, a compilation of all of the balloon releases.  So, please, please, please film or photograph your balloon release because I think it will be so special to see people all over the world remembering such a wonderful person.  I just love the idea of little balloons floating heavenward all day on the 25th, all over the world.  I personally am very excited to be with family on the 25th, so it will be a special day no matter what happens.  


Musicians, we are going to play a hymn or two, a Handle duet w/ basso continuo for the cellists (it's Adagio, don't fret), Pie Jesu (if I can find the music), and You are my Sunshine, so bring your instrument and join the throng, or the quartet, but let's hope for a throng...

Thank you Haleigh and everyone for sharing this and spreading the word!

1 comment:

bjahlstrom said...

This is Brynn Janke Ahlstrom. I will be there! And I will try to bring a friend or two.