Thursday, April 23, 2009

Journal Entry Three

I was asked to give a talk in church and it so happened that I was asked to speak on November 16th. I was nervous that I would be a little too emotional, but I decided to include one bit of her journal in my talk because of the day and because it went along so nicely with the topic. Here is a snippet from her journal. If we could only be this way all the time!

"It’s a good feeling to use what the Lord has given me to help others because that’s one main reason for it. I feel that this is training for other things in life – how to love and want to give and to let into my life those that I don’t really mesh with or enjoy at first. And see, it’s a blessing to even be able to serve because it makes me feel good. I want to have charity and meekness and light and make myself an instrument to the Lord. That’s a good thought – I could do that the rest of my life if I had enough faith. It sounds worthy of life – a good purpose."

No comments: