Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Georgia Goes World Wide

In the LDS General conference Broadcast two weeks ago Elder Neil Anderson, one of the 12 Apostles, spoke about trials and used Georgia's story at the beginning and the end of his talk.  For those of you who don't know, that is huge because General Conference is broadcast across the globe and translated into dozens of languages.  It was a beautiful talk and I wanted to share it with you if you haven't had a chance to see it.  It's worth watching instead of reading because there are a few pictures shown while he speaks.  I hope you feel a peace as you watch here.   I know I did.

Elder Anderson was the area authority in Brazil while my parents were there and so they reported to him and also became friends with him and his wife, Kathy.  They have lunch together about once a year about this time and this year in particular they had some tender conversations about Georgia and all that passed during that trying time.  The Andersons asked if they could come to the balloon release and then a few days later Elder Anderson asked if he could use Georgia's story in his talk and bring a church photographer to the grave.   I don't know if anyone ever tells an Apostle "no thanks" and we weren't about to either!  Plus, we were honored that he would ask.  It was special for our family, so thank you Elder Anderson!

2 comments:

Sibber said...

That was such a great talk! I was so happy to have had a beautiful visit with your mom about a year after Georgia passed away... what a great talk, and beautiful memories! Love the Marriott family!

Isabel said...

I was touched by the talk and that resulted in me goggling Georgia and finding this beautiful blog. As I read through some of the heart felt tributes to Georgia it made me wonder if I've lived my life in such a way that people would be able to say such kind things about me after I pass. Thinking about this has made me more aware of my actions and has made me strive to be a better person.

Thank you for sharing your sister and daughter. She has touched my heart.