Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Journal entries from Lexye Lund Thiele

Wednesday, September 25th, 2002
"I cannot express exactly how I'm feeling, but that of great sorrow and yet, peace. Alice Ashton called tonight to tell me that Georgia Marriott, my best friend since we were about 5, passed away this evening. Dear, sweet, wonderful Georgia! Oh, how I love her! I love her with all my heart. She has truly been my role model every since I've known her. If someone has been capable of living a perfect life, she has. She absolutely loved life! Every minute of it! And she generously shared her joy with all around her. I think of the scripture Mosiah 18:9 - "...to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death....that ye may have eternal life." She will be so missed. I am comforted by the Spirit, and in knowing that I will see Georgia again! :) We'll play duets and eat gummy bears and sing songs in heaven. How I love that girl! She is truly a bosom friend. It is hard to imagine/think of life without Georgia. What a precious, pure, beautiful jewel she is! It makes me want to join her. :) She's probably already touching lives here and there, meeting people, and reuniting with old friends. I bet that her passing away will ultimately bring hundreds to the knowledge of the gospel. I was reading today in Alma chapter 24, and it says, "thus we see that the Lord worketh in many ways to the salvation of his people." The righteous people were slain, and as a result, more than a thousand people were brought to the knowledge of the truth. Georgia is such an incredible missionary and always will be! I know she is even now serving and she's in good hands." :)


Thursday, September 26th, 2002
"The Lord is so quick to give comfort to His children. I can't comprehend the love He must have for all of us. I had a tender experience at the temple today. I did an endowment session for Mary Casselman, one of my ancestors. I looked at the card and saw that she was born on 12 November in Indiana. As you may know, Georgia's birthday is November 16th, and she passed away in Indiana. I liked to think of it as doing a session for her as well, :) since she has not yet been endowed [at least to my knowledge at the time - I apologize if I was wrong about that]. Who knows what sort of miraculous things she is doing right now?! :) What an angel she is! I felt very warm and extremely comforted and loved as I sat in the Celestial Room and sobbed. It was as if a soft blanket was wrapped around me. I can't imagine the joy Georgia must feel to be with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Yay! What a glorious thought!"

Monday, September 30th, 2002
"Today I have been filled with inspiration and peace and joy. Mom, Rosalie, Jeanette, and I attended the viewing and funeral for Georgia. Wow! It was so uplifting and powerful! The Spirit was overflowing. So was the stake center - so many people who love her dearly. :) I am amazed by the strength and faith of the entire Marriott family. They truly put their trust in the Lord and let Him take care of everything. They told me they trust the Lord's timetable, they know that Georgia is where she's supposed to be, and that she is very happy. :) Here they are comforting all of us. David said to me, "What are you crying for? Georgia would want us to be happy." Words cannot describe what incredible, faithful people they are. There was such a peaceful feeling in that room where Georgia lay. The tributes and talks were very powerful, beautiful, endearing, uplifting. The music was heavenly. I know Georgia was there, probably singing and playing with them. What a glorious, tremendous human being she is! They shared letters and journal entires of hers, including her testimony, which blew everyone away. She exemplifies one who lived a life dedicated to the Lord, in service, love, joy, and gladness. Georgia is a light to all who know her. She radiates with the spirit, giving off love and joy. They spoke of her spirituality, as well as her bright, fun, silly personality. :) What a joy she is! 'm sure she's very happy and serving faithfully with all of her might. It was a strengthening, testimony-building meeting. Wow! I love Georgia so much and look forward to seeing her again."

I love you, Georgia!!!

Lexye

No comments: