Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Tribute To Georgia

Last year I told Kate that I would put together a video of the balloon releases from around the world, and finally, one year after the 10th anniversary of her death, I got it finished.  It took me so long because every time I'd try to work on it, my emotions would resurface and I would just cry and cry.  Happy tears, sad tears, tears of longing - so I had to keep postponing it.  As I kept working on it, though, it just didn't feel good enough.  Even though it's finished, it still doesn't feel good enough.  But it is my offering to her, and to all of you - however you knew her.

I know there are some clips and photos that might not be included on this video.  If I missed, you please let me know and send me what you have.  I can always add it in later.  But Kate and I wanted to get this out TODAY, because today is Georgia's day.  And we wanted to celebrate her life, to do something special for her.

I thought it fitting to end the video with the singing of "Beautiful Savior" at her gravesite.  As you watch this, you probably will mourn somewhat again.  But the final words that were sung that night one year ago were "He makes the sorrowing spirit sing!"  How true those words are!  I hope you all feel united in love as you see remembrances of Georgia all around the world, and feel your sorrowing spirit sing!

Love to you all-

Haleigh Vance


4 comments:

Brit said...

Thanks for posting this Hay. He does indeed make the sorrowing Spirit sing. So grateful Georgia's life reminds me of that.

bjahlstrom said...

So beautiful!

Lexye said...

My soul has been fed. Thank you, Haleigh!!!

Michelle Glauser said...

You did a great job. Thanks for your hard work.