Friday, June 17, 2011

Smiley Faces and Exclamation Points! :)

Whenever I look back through old journals, I can immediately recognize an entry that has anything to do with Georgia - it's smothered in smiley faces and exclamation points, and her name is usually in all caps, circled, underlined several times, and so forth. This reflects both how I feel about her, and how she always makes me feel. The recent entries about music camps have triggered so many memories about Georgia. One in particular from Summerfest (the same year Melanie Richards described), reminds me of the :)'s and !!!'s in my journal and one reason for them. Along with our string classes and so forth, we were able to participate in a choir, directed by Ron Staehli. We sang, "Accentuate The Positive." The lyrics are as follows:

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium
Liable to walk upon the scene

And so forth...

I remember Georgia during all the rehearsals, just singing her heart out, as though she had written the song herself. She exemplified the words of that song! She truly accentuated the positive in everything.

No comments: